Losing With P.R.I.D.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losing With P.R.I.D.E

It's not a diet, It's a lifestyle!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who we are, and why we're here...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Who we are, and why we're here... Empty
PostSubject: Who we are, and why we're here...   Who we are, and why we're here... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi! Hi
Welcome to Losing With P.R.I.D.E We're so glad you're here jump for joy

We are 2 sisters (Proudsister1 & Proudsister2) who live 1500 miles apart that have been motivating and supporting each other in living a healthier lifestyle, through the internet.

We came up with the idea of "living with pride" about 6 months ago. Back then, it was just a way to retrain our way of thinking. We have both struggled with dieting pretty much all of our adult lives....and have tried just about every one of them out there!! We would lose a little weight then would ALWAYS end up gaining weight back... and then some!!!

We finally came to the conclusion that DIETS DON'T WORK! The only thing a diet does, is set you up to fail...when you fall off of it! You stop eating the things you enjoy and when you just can't take it any longer you give up and go wild... after you have gained the weight back that you lost you start saying to yourself, "I have to go back on a diet" but it's always "starting _____" (you fill in the blank... tomorrow, Sunday, after the holidays etc. ) Then you pig out on all your favorite foods because you won't be able to have them on your "diet" and you continue to move your start date for said "diet" because you really don't want to give up all your favorite foods yet. Come on... if you're over weight, you know you do this :)

So... we decided to take a look at how some naturally thin people stay naturally thin.

Based on what we've observed... we were able to convert those 5 basic principles into P.R.I.D.E.

P. Portion control.
R. Remove distractions. (eat slowly...ENJOY what you choose to eat)
I. Imagine people are watching you. (make it look appealing)
D. Drink water...alot, every day.
E. Exercise.

It's really just that simple. We KNOW this, because we've been LIVING it! It's been about 6 months and we're both still losing weight.

This is NOT a get thin QUICK method. It's a slow process. But, you WILL see results. And you WILL feel healthier and happier in the process!

That's where "its not a diet, its a lifestyle" comes in. This is a LIFE changing process. You will reprogram the way you think about food, fitness and YOURSELF.

When you live this way, you WILL feel proud.

That is not to say that it's easy ALL the time. There are times when you forget to follow the steps. There are times when you hit plateau's and may have to change things up a bit to shake things up.

This is where the support & motivation come in! We've done it for each other, and now we want YOU to be part of "who we are"!

In this forum, you will make friends...find motivation, support, recipes, tips, challenges and just plain fun!

There are many "weight loss" sites out there. What makes us different?

P.R.I.D.E!

Most sites out there support one form of diet or another. We don't. We don't even believe in them anymore. That being said, be sure that EVERYONE is welcome to join!! Even if you're reading this, and you ARE following a certain diet program...if it's working for you, keep doing it! You will still find all the support you need here and we welcome you!!

This is a "lifestyle change" site...and the weight loss will just happen naturally.

So, be sure to click on the "Getting to know you" section and introduce yourself and then jump right in!! If you have any questions or need help, please contact us!

Again....WELCOME! We're glad you're here!
jump for joy
Back to top Go down
https://losingwithpride.forumotion.com

Who we are, and why we're here...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losing With P.R.I.D.E :: Welcome to Losing With P.R.I.D.E :: Welcome Message-
Jump to: