Losing With P.R.I.D.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losing With P.R.I.D.E

It's not a diet, It's a lifestyle!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eliptical (spelling?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Eliptical (spelling?) Empty
PostSubject: Eliptical (spelling?)   Eliptical (spelling?) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 5:55 pm

I did something I could not do when I started this journey....

I walked for TEN minutes on the Eliptical machine!!! jump for joy

I don't usually work out on Friday night...but I'm weighing in tomorrow and wanted to get one more in....and the gym was empty! Soooo....I decided to try it! I was riding the bike (I always do the treadmill) and I got very bored with that. So after 20 minutes, I decided to try the Eliptical.

When I tried it back in the beginning, I couldn't even do 2 minute...my knees KILLED me. But now that I've been doing the treadmill, including a lot of "hills"...I've built up strength in my knees I think.

It felt so good to be able to get through those 10 minutes! I think I could have done even more if I hadn't done the bike first.

One thing I noticed....it definately shows that you're burning more calories on that! (you use your arms too...so maybe that's why) So...when I go back to the gym next, I'm going to try it again. I'll warm up on the treadmill for a few minutes...then jump on the Eliptical and see how it goes!

Smile
I can't WAIT!
Back to top Go down
Proudsister1

Proudsister1

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Eliptical (spelling?)   Eliptical (spelling?) EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 8:07 am

Stupid question... but what is the eliptical machine? Is that what some poeple call a stair climber? I might give it a try one of these days :)
Back to top Go down
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Eliptical (spelling?)   Eliptical (spelling?) EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm

There are NEVER stupid questions, sisterfriend! Smile

The Eliptical is a LITTLE like a stepper...but not really. It's more of a walking motion...probably closer to walking on a treadmill. But it is a kind of circular motion so you do lift your legs a bit higher than when you're on the treadmill. The other aspect is that most of them have two handles on the sides that go forward and back. If you hold onto those, you're increasing your heartrate by using your arms too.

You should give it a try...to change things up a bit
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eliptical (spelling?)   Eliptical (spelling?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Eliptical (spelling?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losing With P.R.I.D.E :: Lets Talk About P.R.I.D.E :: E - Exercise... Daily!-
Jump to: