Losing With P.R.I.D.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losing With P.R.I.D.E

It's not a diet, It's a lifestyle!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Split it ahead of time....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Split it ahead of time.... Empty
PostSubject: Split it ahead of time....   Split it ahead of time.... EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm

A good trick for portion control when dining out....

When you're food is brought to the table...ask for a take out container. (The waitress will look at you like you have two heads, but that's ok LOL).

Divide your meal in half before you start eating...put the other half in the talk home container.

Portion control.

I did this today (as I always do now when I eat out) after my bi-weekly weigh in. My friend and I went to lunch and I did the split. She was impressed and thought it was a good idea.

I ordered what I WANTED on the menu....not just a salad.

A grilled chicken sandwich with cheese & bacon and a side of Rosemary & Parmasan cheese dusted french fries. YUM! You're thinking how can I eat that type of thing and still lose weight? Well...the PRIDE way doggone it! lol I don't eat out daily...but a few times a week I will.... (And I was still down 10 pounds in my bi-weekly weigh-in)

The original portion was not huge to begin with, but I still split it. I always do. Then I followed my other PRIDE rules.... I ate slowely and savored each delicious bite...drank alot in between bites....and I was full when I was done! I could even tell the waitress was impressed at the portion control. I felt PROUD!

I've LOVING this lifestyle!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Proudsister1

Proudsister1

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Split it ahead of time.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split it ahead of time....   Split it ahead of time.... EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 am

bravo bravo bravo

Good idea :) If you split it up and put half aside as soon as you get it, you are not only making the decision to eat a smaller portion but you are making it known to the people you are dining with that you are going to eat a smaller portion which really does give you a feeling of pride.

bravo
Back to top Go down

Split it ahead of time....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losing With P.R.I.D.E :: Lets Talk About P.R.I.D.E :: P - Portion Control-
Jump to: