Losing With P.R.I.D.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losing With P.R.I.D.E

It's not a diet, It's a lifestyle!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting and staying heathy in your 30's!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tkdingus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Getting and staying heathy in your 30's! Empty
PostSubject: Getting and staying heathy in your 30's!   Getting and staying heathy in your 30's! EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 am

Many of us have had a fit and healthy body until we hit our thirtys. Some of us have been struggling with our weight all of our lives, but to me, health is the biggest reason for eating right and getting the appropriate amount of exercise. Maybe because I am only 15 years younger than when my mom died of a massive heart attack, maybe it is because I see an older woman looking back at me in the mirror now, or maybe it is because I knew I could do better all along, and I just had not made the change.
Weight loss and overall health go hand in had for me. It cannot be a quick fix. I have been down that road so many times.
Women over 35 burn on average 100 fewer calories a day compared to women who are 25. Doing nothing different, that averages to 8-12 pounds put on per year. On top of that, as we age and do not do strength training, our nice muscles diminish, and so does our metabolic rate.....meaning that we naturally burn less calories during our regular day to day activities such as sitting, cleaning, or even sleeping.
The metabolic difference between a pound of muscle and a pound of fat is huge. Muscle burns up to 3x more calories. Along with that, a pound of muscle in your body only takes up a third of the space in your body than a pound of fat does.
The true and real answer:
1. Eat enough calories for your muscles to burn.
2. Do your cardio.
3. Don't forget to strength train. Your body will be healthier, stronger, and look better when you do. Don't worry about bulking up. Lean muscle looks so much better than fat, and when you have it, you look better.
Back to top Go down
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Getting and staying heathy in your 30's!   Getting and staying heathy in your 30's! EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:31 am

So well said!!
I am in my 30's as well....until October when I turn FORTY! affraid
Back to top Go down
Proudsister1

Proudsister1

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting and staying heathy in your 30's!   Getting and staying heathy in your 30's! EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:42 pm

You're so right :) Overall health has to be the reason which is why we need this lifestyle change rather than a diet... diets end when you reach your goal but a healthy lifestyle of eating in moderation and excercising daily is something that you do forever Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting and staying heathy in your 30's!   Getting and staying heathy in your 30's! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting and staying heathy in your 30's!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Losing With P.R.I.D.E :: Get Motivated - Stay Motivated :: 30's-
Jump to: