Losing With P.R.I.D.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Losing With P.R.I.D.E

It's not a diet, It's a lifestyle!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

eating on the run

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
binkiebabe

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-29

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: eating on the run   eating on the run EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 pm

OK, I have a question for those of us who only get to eat on the run, at least during the day.

I have been trying to write down everything I eat in my food log, and since I have to drive around all day for my job, I write down my lunch before I even leave the house. Keeps me on track as far as not over-indulging while I'm on the road, or popping into a drive thru window for something fast because I'm starving.

When I'm eating at home, or in a restaurant, I've been taking my time to savor the food, and really enjoy it, and as a result, I'm not eating as much.

But what do when I'm working? The nature of my job is to be in my car wile eating lunch, and most of the time (at least 3 days out of 5) I'm actually DRIVING while eating! Otherwise, I'll never get done seeing patients!

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-01-20

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating on the run   eating on the run EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 6:50 am

No doubt about it...you're job can be crazy rushed!..(and I'm never done giving you extra people to see!) LOL
But I think that as along as you're aware of it....you CAN remove distraction. (Just keep you're eyes on the road!) Shocked lol

I always eat my lunch at my desk and by the time I eat, it is getting into the busy afternoon time with a lot of interuptions and stuff. But, I just try to keep my eating pattern foremost in my mind while I go on with whatever is going on.

No matter what else is on your mind...when you go to take a bite THINK about that bite. Also....I'd make sure you drink in between every bite...that will slow you down as well.

Here's another tip you could try....
Set up you're cell alarm to go off a little before the time you USUALLLY eat....and just hearing that alarm with kick your mind into the right place! (If you don't eat the same time every day or close to it....just set it earlier than you'd eat and it will still get you thinking about it)
Back to top Go down
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating on the run   eating on the run EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 6:53 am

Oops...forgot to say....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BUDDY!
jump for joy
Back to top Go down
Proudsister1

Proudsister1

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-01-23

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating on the run   eating on the run EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 9:31 am

I agree with Laura... if you have to eat on the run go ahead and just remember to do it with pride... eat slowly and enjoy each bite :)
Back to top Go down
Sir Lunchalot

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-30

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: I eat on the raod alot also   eating on the run EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi Binkie,

I am a chauffeur. I eat on the road every day. I've been losing alot of weight lately. My better eating habits are a great part of my success. I'm not the "brown-bag" type, but lately I have been bringing 2 or 3 pieces of fruit to work with me. Sometimes I eat all of it. Sometimes I eat none of it. Either way, it's working well. I choose between my favorites...

apples - empire - VERY sweet
bananas
plums
green grapes

I like oranges, but usually only eat them at home because they seem to be a little messier.

If you are not much of a fruit person (I wasn't 3 months ago), give it a chance. It will grow on you like you can't believe.

As far as the distraction aspect...

To me, there is a big difference between mindlessly eating a family size bag of chips while driving, and conciously enjoying one piece of fruit to get you by for awhile.

Not eating while driving might be a good rule, but if you learn to bend rules rather than break them, I'm sure they will serve you well.
Back to top Go down
ProudSister2

ProudSister2

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating on the run   eating on the run EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:18 pm

You're just full of the good advice there brotha! Keep coming back!! jump for joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eating on the run Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating on the run   eating on the run Empty

Back to top Go down

eating on the run
Page 1 of 1